Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We're entering the blogging world!

After some encouragement from friends, Zach and I have decided to become bloggers! Although I never saw either of us as the blogging type before, I'm kind of excited to give it a try. Just as a disclaimer, our blog probably won't ever be the wittiest, deepest, most poetic or spiritual, but we do hope to keep family and friends updated on the things going on in our lives.

For our first entry, we thought it would be fun to share a little bit about life since the wedding day.

We tied the knot on March 8, 2008. A little over nine months ago...

We honeymooned in St. Lucia, possibly the friendliest place on earth! It was an incredible vacation in so many ways. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the high price tag.


After the honeymoon we returned home to normal life - working, cooking, cleaning, hanging out, etc. Things felt pretty normal most of the time, but we traveled a lot for weddings, birthdays, and family vacations.

Ali and Mitch got married in April.

Elise and John got married over Memorial Day weekend.

Zach's Aunt and Grandma both celebrated birthdays in Iowa the very next weekend.

Sam and Kassie got married in June.

Mark and Shannon also got married in June.

We traveled to Door County with my family in July.

We visited Liz and Joel in Chicago with a few of my good friends from college. It was a great trip! I just love spending time with those girls and the way they encourage me.

My brother got married to a wonderful woman named Jessi in September. The ceremony was perfect, the bride was beautiful, and the reception was incredibly fun! I never thought I'd be jumping into a swimming pool in my dress at a wedding reception!

We celebrated Halloween with some friends from church. Because of our newlywed budget, we had to get creative with our costumes...

We spent Thanksgiving with both families, helped decorate Zach's parent's house for Christmas, and found some time to decorate our apartment too.

All in all, it's been a busy year! We've enjoyed the adventure of our new life together. There have been fun times, funny times, hard times, mad times, busy times, lazy times, cuddly times.... all filled with love. I couldn't have asked for a better way to begin our marriage. These past nine months have been wonderful!

So now that you're all caught up... Merry Christmas! I'm sure there's more blogging to come.

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Your blog is so cute! I can't wait to follow it. See you tonight friend!

    ReplyDelete