Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Little Experiment to Ring in the New Year

Happy 2009 everyone! Zach and I had a great time last night celebrating the New Year with good friends. It was so much fun to spend time with the girls I love so much, however, I was slightly disappointed that NONE of them had heard of the Diet Coke and Mentos phenomenon! I'm hoping that some of you (possibly the 2 people who read this blog) have heard of it....


Yesterday, in preparation for a late night, I took a nap that went on for a little too long. I woke up so groggy, that I needed some diet coke to get me going. I normally don't drink pop, so it was kind of a big deal. Anyway, I was getting ready to go to dinner, drinking my diet coke, and thinking about how I really wanted some mentos (I had some in my purse from my Christmas stocking). Then, I remembered the dangerous combination! I honestly contemplated conducting my own little experiment - popping a mentos in my mouth and taking a little sip of diet coke - to see what would happen, but I chickened out. 

This is the part in the blog where I ask for participation....Should I have tried it? Would I have died? Has anyone tried it before? What happened? What do you think would have happened? Oh I'm so curious and so nervous all at the same time!

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. You crazy blogging kids. I look forward to more insight into the world of the Brown's.

    Zach, perhaps you should do a post on how latin cannot be spoken because it is a dead language.

    Kristen, from you I would like to see a post on how a man and woman can best support each other and show love. I promise, I will listen and value your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to see your blog!! I LOVE the title!
    I think I would have chickened out with the experiment, too...but a mouthful of Coke wouldn't be too bad, I think, compared to a whole 2 liters! If I DID do it, I'd probably try to wear a bib. :)

    ReplyDelete